Wednesday, March 30, 2005

in RHM: What's the Cost?

How much does it cost to actually maintain the tank?
Let me break it down for a better understanding of the cost/expenditure from the beginning:
$641.90 Setting up the tank, including purchasing of the glass tank, cabinet, gravel, plants, basic equipment (filter, lights, fans, etc)
$211.70 Cost of the first batch of fishes/shrimps
$19.50 Cost of fish food in 2005
+$89.10 Cost of fishes/shrimps in 2005
$962.20 Total cost up till today (excluding miscellaneous stuff purchased with our own money like tubifex worms, whiteboard marker, scissors, etc)
Monthly upkeep would average about $25 for the purchasing of fish food, batteries for the automatic food timer, medicine if necessary, and tubifex worms on occasion.

How do you get the funds all this while?
Since I came up with the idea of the RH Fish Tank I never expected to recover the money I would eventually spend.
In the beginning I was using my savings to fund the RH Fish Tank because I wanted it to materialize before I graduated… As you would have experienced in Raffles Hall, you want something, you do it yourself. Therefore I got the necessary approval (NOT hall-allocated funds), and I got going. A week after the RH Fish Tank was set up, I set up a donations booth with the help of some kind friends, and to date we have collected a total of exactly $599. I used a lot of my own equipment and tools, and I have since considered them a complement of the RH Fish Tank (with a total cost of at least $200).
When I finally graduate the money I have invested in the RH Fish Tank will remain with the RH Fish Tank and whoever the next caretaker is…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home