Wednesday, March 30, 2005

in RHM: Ownership? Future?

Also, there are some concerns about the ownership of the fish tank. Is it yours, Kok Tiong’s, Raffles Hall, or the residents’?
Before I graduate I intend to discuss this matter with the incoming JCRC to determine what’s best for the future of the RH Fish Tank in Raffles Hall. Was it a good idea, in retrospect, to have the RH Fish Tank after 6 months in existence?
There are three possible options:1) RH Fish Tank belongs to me ultimately. Any extra funds required, I will settle. In the event it has to be removed in the future I would be responsible for taking it away.
2) RH Fish Tank belongs to the next caretaker (Kok Tiong), and in the following year the following caretaker (chosen by Kok Tiong). This way the RH Fish Tank caretaker would be fully responsible for it, money- and fish-wise such that there would be less chance of negligence.
3) RH Fish Tank belongs to RH residents. This would be complicated, and I don’t suppose the JCRC would want to figure out how to balance the delicate issue of forming a volunteer committee against the issuing of… I shall not interfere with political complications.

What’s going to happen after you leave?
After I leave, Kok Tiong will be the RH Fish Tank caretaker: performing maintenance and other RH Fish Tank stuff. On occasion I will drop by to see what I can do to help. When he thinks it’s best to pass the responsibility on, he will train up another person to take over, as I have trained him. Hopefully, this continues throughout the years and the RH Fish Tank would be a part of the Raffles Hall, something you can be proud to call “Our RH Fish Tank”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home